COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
*****Masks are still required to enter the building***
The health and safety of our patients and team have always been our top priority here at Lindner Dental. We continue to adhere to the highest standards of infection control as we have since the day we opened our office. Our office protocols have evolved to maintain social distancing and ensure your health and safety. We are proud to acknowledge that we have been able to keep all patients and staff safe within the practice setting since the pandemic began.
WHAT WE ARE DOING BEHIND THE SCENES:
- Plexiglass has been installed to prevent patient /employee contact upon check-in and check-out.
- Doors will be left open to prevent contact except when necessary to ensure patient privacy.
- Employees are required to self-report health status before each shift.
- Employees are required to wear masks at all times.
- Clinicians are required to wear the appropriate PPE, including double masks, protective gowns, gloves and face shields. Head coverings are not required but strongly suggested. N95 masks are worn for certain procedures underneath a surgical mask and cleaned and stored appropriately at the end of each shift. Surgical masks are changed and face shields are cleaned after each patient as well as anything that has been touched by a patient or hygienist.
- Our tooth brushing station has been temporarily converted to a hand washing station. We ask patients to brush their teeth prior to their visit.
- Standardized cleaning protocols have been implemented in all staff/hygiene/operative areas.
- New MERV 13 air filters have been installed to filter out extremely small particles.
HOW DO I CHECK- IN FOR AN APPOINTMENT?
All patients are required to wear a face-covering to enter the building. We ask each patient to self report any known exposure or symptom prior to the appointment. There is a hand sanitizing station set up just before you reach the front desk. We ask that you please use the sanitizer before you proceed to your appointment.
CAN I ACCOMPANY MY CHILD TO HIS/HER APPOINTMENT?
All children may be accompanied by ONE adult only, if possible. All other visitors, including siblings, must remain outside the building. Parents waiting in their vehicles must not leave the parking lot during their child’s appointment and must be readily available upon completion.
WILL I NEED TO FILL OUT PAPERWORK?
We will make every effort to minimize paperwork. We ask new patients to fill out the online forms prior to their appointment when possible.
WHAT IF I AM EXHIBITING SIGNS OF SICKNESS?
Please call us if you have had a fever, shortness of breath, cough, loss of taste/smell, flu symptoms, or been in contact with a COVID positive person within the last 14 days. If you are waiting on a COVID test result, please call us to reschedule.
IS LINDNER DENTAL ACCEPTING NEW PATIENTS?
Yes, we would love to welcome you to the Lindner Dental family. Please call our office to schedule an appointment.
HOW CAN I PREPARE MY CHILD FOR THEIR VISIT?
We have created a fun video of Marvin the Molar coming to our office to have his teeth cleaned. Please click on the video below to view with your child.
WHAT IF MY CHILD DOES NOT WANT TO WEAR A MASK?
AAP recommends parents to practice wearing masks at home before going out, in order to familiarize children with idea. Parents can also try:
- Placing a mask on their child’s favorite stuffed animal or toy character
- Decorating a mask or having one made with a special sports team or character fabric
- Showing their child pictures of other children wearing masks
- Discussing the matter using words and terms they can understand. Sometimes people need to wear masks to protect themselves and others from germs when they are sick.